Our vision is to give every child the skills and self-belief to succeed. We do this through our rich and varied curriculum. Below are the aims for our curriculum:
- Our curriculum will achieve the 4 Core values:
- Aim high and respond to challenge;
- Love learning and understand life;
- Celebrate and develop independence;
- Take care of self and others
- All children (and families) will be engaged and excited about their learning.
- Children will creatively apply English and maths skills for a purpose
- Students will use and apply challenging vocabulary for maximum impact.
- Children will become socially responsible and respectful citizens
- Build strong links with local area and celebrating the diversity and heritage of the school community.
- Children will develop cultural capital, giving them experiences they might not get at home.
- All children will be ready for the next stage in their education, whether this is changing Key Stage or moving to the next year group.
Click the links for the year plans and knowledge organisers.
|Aut 1||Aut 2||Spr 1||Spr 2||Sum 1||Sum 2|
|N & R||All about me||Festivals||Heroes||Animals||Plants and Growing||Under the Sea|
|Year 1||Castles||Seasons||Family Tree||UK||Growing||Norwich v Seaside|
|Year 2||Explorers||Keeping Healthy||Great Fire of London||Africa||Living Things||Local v National Heroes|
|Year 3||Stone Age||Volcanoes||Roman Empire||China||Fighting Fit||Norwich v Manchester|
|Year 4||Anglo Saxons||Materials and Sound||Ancient Egypt||Australia||Electricity||Norwich v Maya|
|Year 5||Vikings||Earth and Space||Norman Invasion||Brazil||Changes||Norwich vMarket|
|Year 6||Ancient Greece||Living Things||Crime and Punishment||Russia||Electricity and Energy||Norwich Arrivals: Refugees|
Download: Whole School Curriculum